When making a routine eye examination appointment we ask that you call at least one month in advance to ensure a convenient time slot.
Please notify our office immediately if it becomes apparent you are not able to keep your appointment. This will provide us with an opportunity to use the time for someone in need of prompt treatment.
8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
You are welcome to call our office with any questions regarding eye care.
Our telephone number is (315) 422-2020.
For your convenience our telephone is answered on a 24-hour basis.
After normal office hours, we will be available through our answering service.
Preparing For Your Eye Examination
Upon arriving for your appointment, please check in with the front desk staff. It is important to bring the following items with you:
- A list of all medications you are currently taking.
- The name of your family physician and any other treating physicians.
- Your most recent pair of eyeglasses.
- All necessary insurance cards and picture identification.
Please download and complete the following forms and bring them with you at the time of your examination to expedite your visit.
- New Patient Information Form ( New Patient Information.pdf )
- History Form ( History.pdf )
- Notification of Financial and Practice Policies Form ( Notification of Financial and Practice Policies.pdf )
- Text Message Appointment Reminder Consent Form ( Text Message Appointment Reminder Consent.pdf )
Please note that the drops we use to dilate your eyes can blur vision for one to four hours.
- Your eyes will be more sensitive to light.
- You will be provided a disposable pair of sunglasses or if you prefer you may wish to bring your own.
- You may also wish to bring someone along to drive you home.